Compare Health Insurance
Compare Health Insurance Policies and Providers
- No additional costs to you
- We can save you hours on research
Looking for health insurance to suit your needs and budget? Compare & Connect allow you to compare health insurance policies from some of the leading providers in Australia. Our free comparison service offers transparent information and advice to make the process of choosing health insurance easy. No matter what kind of cover you're looking for, we will help you consider hospital and extras cover that works for you.
Our comparison service is convenient and easy-to-use. Don't waste time browsing the sites of dozens of insurers – Compare & Connect is your one-stop-shop for health insurance policies. Our expert team offers friendly and honest advice so that you can make an informed decision for your health cover.
What Types of Health Insurance Do You Compare?
Health insurance can be confusing, but we present your options in a clear and concise way to help you choose the right cover for your needs. Compare & Connect partner with some of the leading health insurers so you can see which policy suits your needs. Whether you're looking for a budget option or comprehensive cover, we can provide advice on the policy options.
When it comes to health insurance, there are a lot of policies on the market. However, all of these fall into three main types. With Compare & Connect, you can look at policies for hospital cover, extras cover, ambulance cover, and policies than include two or more of these.
Hospital cover assists in paying for costs accrued during hospital visits, like if you require surgery or emergency treatment. Extras cover is for additional healthcare, like dentistry, physiotherapy and optometry. Ambulance cover covers the cost of transport in an ambulance when you receive assistance from paramedics.
You can also choose between getting cover just for yourself (singles cover) or cover for couples and families. It can be cheaper to bundle everyone in your family into one policy.
Let's Get Acquainted
Why compare health insurance with Compare & Connect? We're more than just an online comparison service. Our expert team has years of experience and keep up to date with all changes in health insurance offerings. We can offer honest and transparent advice to you when you're looking to get covered, and we can help to explain all of that confusing insurance jargon.
When you work with Compare & Connect, we'll take the time to understand your healthcare needs. We have partnered with some of the leading insurance providers in the country, so you can find the ideal policy option for you.
Here are some of the reasons you should consider Compare & Connect when looking at health insurance policies:
- Expert consultants: Our team can help you make better informed choices. We understand health insurance and can assist you in comparing inclusions, exclusions, waiting periods and more. We will present your options clearly and comprehensively so it's easy to find a policy that suits your needs.
- Convenient and easy: Don't have time to look at dozens of policies? Our comparison service lets you easily shortlist the insurers and policies that are going to tick all your boxes. You can compare your options and view pricing details with ease.
- It's free: There is no cost to using our comparison services and accessing our friendly team. We make our money by charging a small commission to our insurance provider partners. That means more money in your pocket and no mark up on any of our recommended policies.
- Honest and transparent: We never recommend providers that we don't think are right for you. Our honest service will always provide you with transparent advice and we don't favour any insurance providers.
- Australian owned: We know the Australian insurance market and we're proud to service everyday Australians in getting their health cover. Plus, when you work us, you're supporting the local economy.
Health Insurance 101
So what is health insurance?
Private health insurance is a way to pay for medical costs that are not covered by Medicare. It can also help you to receive faster treatment and more choice when seeking healthcare. Private health cover allows you to choose your own doctor, preferred hospital and sometimes even the timing of some procedures, like non-emergency surgeries. It allows you to skip public hospital waiting times for some procedures. Waiting for planned surgery can take months in the public system.
Additionally, private health insurance can save you money on things like dental work or optometry. The out-of-pocket expenses on these can add up when you don't have health cover. However, depending on your policy, you may not have to pay anything for regular dentist check-ups, physio, and more. This can provide peace of mind that you won't be left with a sudden big expense if you need any of these extra services.
When choosing health insurance, there are several factors to consider. Different people will require different levels of cover, and there are many options depending on your personal budget.
All health insurance policies have a product disclosure statement (PDS) which you should read carefully before purchasing. This lays out the exclusions, waiting periods, and other important information about your policy.
Let's Compare Health Insurance
We have partnered with a large range of insurers to offer you a comprehensive view of the types of health insurance policies that are available.
Before you look at policies, ask yourself the following questions to determine the kind of health insurance you may need.
- What is your budget? There is a range of options, from basic policies for those hoping to save some money on their insurance to comprehensive cover that includes most potential health issues.
- What kind of cover do you need? Do you want to prioritise certain extras? Or just opt for hospital cover? Your age and lifestyle may affect the healthcare you are likely to need. Remember, you can change your policy as your needs change.
- Do you have any pre-existing conditions? Some policies will not cover you if your health condition was already present. Make sure you read the PDS carefully to check for these types of exclusions.
- Are you planning to start a family? Pregnancy cover is only available on higher level policies. However, there is a waiting period, so if you are thinking of trying for a baby you need to take out cover well in advance.
Health Insurance FAQs
Here are some questions and answers about health insurance. If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call on 1300 685 001.
What is health insurance?
Health insurance helps to cover the costs of hospital and medical care. It gives you more options when choosing your healthcare providers and can stop you from being out-of-pocket if you suffer from an illness or injury.
How does a health insurance policy work?
When you take out health insurance, you will pay a premium each month to receive cover. If you need to receive healthcare, you can make a claim and receive money back or the full amount covered by your insurance when it is an eligible service.
Why get health insurance?
Health insurance offers peace of mind. It allows you to be treated in a hospital as a private patient, offering you privacy and faster access to services. It also lets you choose your doctor for things like surgeries and childbirth. Plus, it prevents you being stuck with expensive bills for things like dental work if you need emergency tooth extractions.
Once you have decided on a health insurance policy, we can help you get covered in no time. Our team are there to offer comprehensive support throughout your comparing and purchasing journey.